What Is Discrimination?
Prejudice - A thought. Discrimination - An act.
dis·crim·i·na·tion- Pronunciation: dis-"kri-m&-'nA-sh&nFunction: noun
- the act of discriminating
- the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently
- the quality or power of finely distinguishing
- the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually
- prejudiced or prejudicial outlook,
action, or treatment <racial discrimination>synonym see DISCERNMENT
- dis·crim·i·na·tion·al /-shn&l,
Stereotype (a hardened generalization)
plus power equals 'racism'
(or other 'isms')
Illegal discrimination - Three factors:
- Protected Class
- Prohibited Activity
- Covered Property
If you would like to add a definition or some thoughts to this page, please e-mail: email@example.com